What Information Do We Collect?
The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate the Services. In connection with certain aspects of the Services, we may request, collect and/or display some of your Personal Information. We collect the following types of information from our users.
When you create an Account, you will provide information that could be Personal Information, such as your e-mail address, password (in the case of the Application and the Site); fingerprint scan (in the case of the Kiosk); and telephone number to the extent you use our telephonic help system. You acknowledge that this information may be personal to you, and by creating an account on the Services and providing Personal Information to us, you allow others, including us, to identify you and therefore may not be anonymous. Your fingerprint scan may in some in some states qualify as biometric data. KeyMe uses your fingerprint scan to identify you and to authenticate your account when you use the Kiosk. Your fingerprint scan cannot be used to recreate your fingerprint. KeyMe will retain your fingerprint scan only as long as necessary to provide the Services, which will be until you delete your account, or within 3 years of your last contact with KeyMe. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services, but only rarely when we feel such information is important. You may unsubscribe from these messages through your Account settings, although we, regardless, reserve the right to contact you when we believe it is necessary, such as for account recovery purposes.
IP ADDRESS INFORMATION, LOCATION SERVICES INFORMATION AND OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY:
- We automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, including your IP address and cookie information. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (e.g., what links you have clicked on).
- Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Application, the Kiosk or the Site. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve them.
- We may automatically receive, record and store location services information from your mobile device when you interact with the Services. You hereby consent to the Services' use of anonymised location services information collected from users. Where the location services information is personally identifiable the Services will give you options to manage your disclosure of this information within the Services. Depending on the functionalities available on your mobile device, you may benefit from advanced options to manage the location services information. A mobile device may report its GPS location at the time you interact with the Services if the location services settings are enabled. Such information is not treated as Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
- In addition, please note that at no time will the Application access, collect or store any of the personal contacts or photographs or any other information stored on your mobile device without your permission.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service.
INFORMATION COLLECTED USING COOKIES:
- Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each ne w cookie in a variety of ways. We strongly recommend that you leave cookies active, because they enable you to take advantage the most attractive features of the Services.
INFORMATION RELATED TO ADVERTISING AND THE USE OF WEB BEACONS:
To support and enhance the Services, we may serve advertisements, and also allow third parties advertisements, through the Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called "ad networks." Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. Advertisements served through the Services may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category may be based on anonymized information inferred from information provided to us by a user, including Personal Information (e.g., gender or age), may be based on the Services usage patterns of particular users, may be based on device location data, or may be based on your activity on Third Party Services. We do not provide Personal Information to any ad networks for use outside of the Services. To increase the effectiveness of ad delivery, we may deliver a file (known as a "web beacon") from an ad network to you through the Services. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network's servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
We collect statistical information about how users, collectively, use the Services ("Aggregate Information"). Some of this information is derived from Personal Information. This statistical information is not Personal Information and cannot be tied back to you, your Account or your web browser. How, and With Whom, Is My Information Shared? The Services are designed to help you share information with others. As a result, some of the information generated through the Services is shared with third parties.
IP ADDRESS INFORMATION:
INFORMATION YOU ELECT TO SHARE:
We share Aggregate Information with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can understand how and how often people use our Services and their services or websites, which facilitates improving both their services and how our Services interface with them. In addition, these third parties may share with us non-private, aggregated or otherwise non Personal Information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS WITH US:
As part of the Services, you may occasionally receive email and other communications from us, such as communications relating to your Account or your use of the Services. Communications relating to your Account will only be sent for purposes important to the Services, such as password recovery.
As stated above, we do not currently store financial information, as that information is collected and stored by our Payment Processor. However, we may from time to time request and receive some of your financial information from our Payment Processor for the purposes of completing transactions you have initiated through the Services, enrolling you in discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, protecting against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
INFORMATION SHARED WITH OUR AGENTS:
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our "Agents"). We may need to share Personal Information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
INFORMATION DISCLOSED PURSUANT TO BUSINESS TRANSFERS:
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
INFORMATION DISCLOSED FOR OUR PROTECTION AND THE PROTECTION OF OTHERS:
INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH YOUR CONSENT:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Information About Me Secure?
Your Account information will be protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your Account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer, browser and/or mobile device by signing off (including at the Kiosk) after you have finished accessing your Account. We seek to protect Account information to ensure that it is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of any Account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. We otherwise store all of our information, including your IP address information, using industry-standard techniques. We do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to information about you that we store, Personal Information or otherwise.
What Information of Mine Can I Access?
If you are a registered user, you can access information associated with your Account by logging into the Services. Registered and unregistered users can access and delete cookies through their web browser settings. California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: KeyMe, LLC, 5 Pennsylvania Plaza, 10th Fl, New York, NY 10001.
How Can I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you terminate your Account, any association between your Account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your Account and your fingerprint scan will be deleted.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding My Information?
- You can always opt not to disclose certain information to us, even though it may be needed to take advantage of some of our features.
- You can delete your Account. Please note that we will need to verify that you have the authority to delete the Account, and activity generated prior to deletion will remain stored by us and may be publicly accessible.
What If I Have Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Services, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: November 1, 2018